Re: IMPORT bombs with OS error code

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <kaz_at_sis.bms.com>
Date: 1995/07/05

In article <3tea0r$jbb_at_synapse.bms.com>, I wrote:

|>There was nothing in the alert log, but there was a trace file (included
|>below). Due to reasons beyond my control, I have to start from scratch
|>again with this project, so this error is no longer top priority for
|>me. But if anyone has any thoughts on what the problem was, I'd still be
|>interested. Is the "Exception signal: 11" another Solaris error code?
|>If so, it sounds like this may be due to insufficient memory or swap
|>space.

 ..
|>Exception signal: 11
|>SIGSEGV: Address not mapped to object
|>failing address: 54
|>----- Call Stack Trace -----
|>calling call entry argument values in hex
|>location type point (? means dubious value)
|>-------------------- -------- -------------------- ----------------------------
|>Cannot find symbol in /usr/lib/libsocket.so.1.
|>Fri Jun 23 20:04:53 1995
|>Exception signal: 11
|>ssexhd: crashing the process...
|>Shadow_Core_Dump = full

I just realized that 'Exception signal: 11' is referring to the segmentation fault on the next line 'SIGSEGV...'.

I had copied the Oracle software from a Solaris 2.3 system to a Solaris 2.4 system. Could this be the problem? (The database was up and running for about a week before I encountered the import problem). Is there a way to relink all of the Oracle executables without having to install from scratch?

Joe Kazimierczyk
kaz_at_bms.com Received on Wed Jul 05 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message