Re: Forms 4.0 - How to set records/line?

From: Guenter Gersdorf <G.Gersdorf_at_tu-bs.de>
Date: 1995/07/03

68a869_at_llnl.gov (Jeff Busch) wrote:

>I have a form which was generated by Case, which has a multirecord block
>which displays 4 records of three lines each. I'd like it to display
>12 records of one line each.

>I have deleted all fields except one in the block, and set the number of
>records displayed to 1. The block works fine. When I set the number of
>records displayed to any number greater than 1, the records are displayed
>with two blank lines between each record. The Layout Editor won't let me
>move records to adjacent lines -- when I select a field, all occurrences of
>that field are automatically selected.

>Forms 3.0 had a block setting "number of lines per record", but Forms 4.0
>doesn't seem to have the same functionality.

>Appendix A of the Forms Reference Manual lists, under "Terminology Changes",
>the Forms 3.0 term "Lines per Record Characteristic" as being equivalent
>to the Forms 4.0 "Item Spacing peoperty (set in the Designer Layout by
>mouse gesture)". I have gestured repeatedly, but I can't see how this
>applies.

>Any ideas would be appreciated.

>---
>Jeff Busch Internet busch1_at_llnl.gov
>Voice (510) 423-9134 Fax (408) 263-1360

In Forms 4.0 you have to use the Layout Editor to change the spacing. Click on the Item, a small Triangle appears at the top line of the topmost item, and at the bottom line of the lowest item. Click and drag on this triangle to change the item spacing.
Hope, this helps, Guenter

Guenter Gersdorf                         Phone:      +49/(0)531/391-7634
Inst. f. Werkzeugmaschinen               Fax:                      -5842
und Fertigungstechnik, TU Braunschweig   E-Mail:     G.Gersdorf_at_tu-bs.de
Langer Kamp 19b, D-38106 Braunschweig http://www.iwf.ing.tu-bs.de/~gg Received on Mon Jul 03 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message