Re: as400/Oracle

From: <stu_at_sierra.net>
Date: 1995/07/02

In <3sv57f$hed_at_inet-nntp-gw-1.us.oracle.com>, Paul Anderson <panderso_at_ca.oracle.com> writes:

>pberger_at_nic.hookup.net (Paul Berger) wrote:

>>Are you telling me the gateway product is that easy to install! We
>>went courting Oracle on this one and they wanted this that and
>>the other thing before we go ahead with the whole process. We did
>>eventually consider bringing Oracle expertise in. Eventually we
>>just abandoned the whole process.

Try it before you criticize it. I'm a retired (I think) Oracle employee, and I wrote the networking and install part of the 400 gateway. All you do is push the tape into the machine, type LODTAP, fill out a few items on a screen form, then sit back and wait about ten minutes while progress messages flash by. Its probably easier to install than any other Oracle product, though I admit that's not saying much. Received on Sun Jul 02 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message