Newbie - Oracle 7.1 NT 3.5 Install

From: John Ternent <73774.56_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 1995/07/01

Hi, all.

Apologies if this is an FAQ or newbie question, but I've exhausted all the resources I can find.

I've installed the 90-day trial Oracle Workgroup Server 7.1 on an NT 3.5 machine. I created the network management files with no (apparent) problem. I installed SQL*Net Named Pipes (IPX/SPX apparently gives a lot of problems and we don't have a TCP/IP stack available). I can access another Oracle server (regular purchased 7.1, not the 90-day) via RAS with the corresponding network files with no problem; however, I get "error reading network drive ?" or "TNS packet driver failure" every time I try the new server from the same client machine. I can access NT files and such with no problem (NETBEUI doing this?); the setup methodology on the new server is identical to the other Oracle server (even the NT server name). Netbios, IPX/SPX, and NETBEUI seem to be running on NT. Listener is running and appears to be accessed just prior to the read failure mentioned above. Does anybody have ANY solutions or possible sources of information?

Thanks!

John

--
John Ternent