Re: On-Message trigger works?

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.CSUFresno.EDU>
Date: 1995/06/30

It appears to me on reading the ref. manuals (forms 4.5.5) that ON-MESSAGE only works when a runform generated message is displayed. As in "FRM-40654: Record has been updated by..."

It doesn't run when the form issues a message via the MESSAGE built-in. It sounds like you are trying to get your MESSAGE built-in messages to print on :button_bar.status_line. In that case, you would need to change each MESSAGE command in the form to set :button_bar.status_line, as well as use the On-Message trigger for system messages.

Read the GET_MESSAGE documentation. That might help.

I'm not sure about any of this, but it may help. Steve Cosner (stevec_at_csufresno.edu)