Re: Finding a PL/SQL error

From: Louis Feges <lfeges_at_hookup.net>
Date: 1995/06/30

In article <scheller-2806952017150001_at_192.0.2.1> scheller_at_netcom.com (Mark J. Scheller) writes:
>From: scheller_at_netcom.com (Mark J. Scheller)
>Subject: Finding a PL/SQL error
>Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 00:17:14 GMT

>I have a stored procedure I'm trying to implement, but when I load it into
>sqlplus, I get the oh-so-helpful error message "warning: error during
>compile" or something to that effect. Is there a better way to do this so
>I can get more useful information about the problem?

>I'm far too embarassed to post my silly attempt at a PL/SQL script, so I'd
>just like to know how I can go about figuring out the problem myself.

>Thanks in advance!

>--
>mS (scheller_at_netcom.com)

I'm not clear what your error condition is all about. The MOST frustrating thing I found when I first began using PLSQL is that the line numbers which were reported as errors had no relationship to the source file! That is, until I wrote a script to clean the source file of all lines BEFORE the first DECLARE and any BLANK lines. When I viewed the resultant file, the reported line number error matched directly to my source file.

\lfeges Received on Fri Jun 30 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message