12154 TNS: could not resolve database name

From: Dan Weinman <dano_at_bluedevil.cv.com>
Date: 1995/06/29

Using oracle 7.0.15.4 and the pro*c demo program sample.pc the 12154 error occurs when the program tries to connect to the database. The connect is simply EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid IDENTIFIED BY :pwd; There is no host name or alias being used since the database is local. I am able to connect using the same user id and password with sqlplus. I do have a tnsnames.ora file on the system even though I'm trying to connect to the database on the local system.

I have the TNS_ADMIN env variable set to point to the directory where the tnsnames.ora file resides.

Is there something else that must be done to allow this to work? Has anybody seen this before?

Thanks,

dan   Received on Thu Jun 29 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message