Re: Create TABLE with 1 EXTENT ??

From: Karl Penney <aa651_at_ccn.cs.dal.ca>
Date: 1995/06/28

IDSI (idsi_at_warp10.smartlink.net) wrote:
: How do I create a table with only one extent so that it never trys to
: grab another extent ?

: I am new to this game and find it very confusing !!!!!!

You estimate the size of a full table (with as many rows as you will ever have), then create your table with 1 extent of that size. Hopefully you have estimated correctly and your table segment will not grow.

The estimating stuff is in chapter 8 of the System Administration Guide.

--
DMR Group, Halifax, NS                |      | _/\_\   /_/\_ |      |