Re: Oracle Forms & NT, will it work ?

From: Vince Cross <vcross_at_bnr.ca>
Date: 1995/06/28

In article <3spvjv$sru_at_news.xs4all.nl>, Marcel Rietveld <deriet_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>I am currently evaluating Personal Oracle 7.0 and Oracle Forms 4.0
>under WfW and want to upgrade to NT. Will the Windows versions i've
>got work reliable under NT or do I *really* need to install NT
>versions (DBMS, Forms and Reports) ?

I don't know about the Forms and Reports, but the Personal Oracle for WFW is not supported under WNT. If you try to install Personal Oracle on a WNT platform, it will tell this. I tried anyway and the install locked up about halfway thru. There is a trial version of the WNT Oracle server on Oracle's ftp site. I installed it last night, but have yet to do anything with it.

Vince

--
* disclaimer - My views respresent NT/BNR in every way, NOT!
NOTE - my real email address is bartok_at_bnr.ca, NOT vcross_at_bnr.ca