Re: Configuring ORACLE MAIL (Oracle Mail to Unix to MSMAIL)

From: William E Reeves <breeves_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/06/28

derwin_at_lmsc.lockheed.com (Dave Erwin) writes:

>In article <mvelooDALCoz.5r2_at_netcom.com>, mveloo_at_netcom.com (The Katongkid)
>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> We currently have Oracle 7.1 running on a HP9000. We also have a huge
>> MS-Mail network that is connected to Unix Mail via a SMTP gateway. Now
>> we have been given the task of connecting ORACLE MAIL to UNIX MAIL to
>> MSMAIL. IN other words we want to be able to send Oracle Alerts to our
>> MS-MAIL network.
>> We have been reading the installation guide for Oracle Mail and find it
>> confusing. It says it needs a UNIX MAIL gateway to be installed and
>> configured for Oracle Mail first. What does this mean?
>> We are using HP-UX ver 9.04. If anyone has any experience with this,
>> please HELP!!! Either post to this group or email me back.. Thanx! I'll
>> be most grateful!
>>
>> Mohan Veloo
>> Network Analyst
>> Ingersoll-rand Company
>>

>Ask Oracle for Bulletins 103899.758 and 102594.46. You can get them from
>RTSS, Compuserve, or using Oracle's FAXBack service

Actually, bulletin 102594.46 has been updated/replaced. The following bulletins describe the Oracle*Mail UNIX mail gateway:

103899.758 Oracle*Mail to UNIX Gateway Installation 107283.368 Unix To Oracle*Mail Gateway Installation

For those who have never worked with Oracle*Mail and want to get it up and running in the simplest possible configuration for Oracle Alert (release 9), we have another bulletin:

107283.857 Configuring Oracle*Mail for use with Oracle Alert

>Dave Erwin
>Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space
>Email: derwin_at_lmsc.lockheed.com
>
>The opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of
>the Lockheed Martin Corporation.

thanks,

  • Bill Reeves Office Automation group (Oracle*Mail and Oracle Office) Oracle Worldwide Support
--
Disclaimer: These opinions are mine and not necessarily those of my employer.

Bill Reeves      Oracle Corporation Worldwide Support     BREEVES _at_ ORACLE.COM