Re: Stored Procedures and PowerBuilder

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/06/27

In <1995Jun26.134558.96365_at_kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> mahesh_at_tisl.ukans.edu (Rachakonda Satya) writes:

>Hi,
>
>I declared a few stored functions with Oracle, gave them public
 synonyms and am
>trying to access them from Power Builder. The problem I am facing is
that the user is able to access those functions only with DBA priveleges. I think I am missing something. I believe that I should be able to access those functions with simple CONNECT priveleges.

>Can anyone please help me with this? I sincerely thank in advance. I
 also requ
>est a direct reply to my address.
>
>Thank you,

You probably still need to GRANT EXECUTE privileges to the roles/users/public on the function in question.

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com

Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!