Re: Stored Procedures and PowerBuilder

From: Morgan Skinner <morgan.skinner_at_fisons-ls.com>
Date: 1995/06/27

mahesh_at_tisl.ukans.edu (Rachakonda Satya) wrote:

>I declared a few stored functions with Oracle, gave them public synonyms and am
>trying to access them from Power Builder. The problem I am facing is that the user
>is able to access those functions only with DBA priveleges. I think I am missing something.
>I believe that I should be able to access those functions with simple CONNECT priveleges.

Mahesh,

In my dealings with PowerBuilder & stored procedures on Oracle, I have found a bug in their code that is probably causing your error. You must be the owner of the stored procedure in order to paste the syntax from the database onto the transation object. If you are not the owner of the procedure, the pasted function will not include any parameters. What you should do is connect (through PB) as the creator of the procedures, paste all of them onto the transaction object, then modify the syntax and change the syntax to indicate your synonyms rather than the actual procedure name.

You should also check that the user has been granted execute on the procedure.

Hope this helps

I was the Englishman in PM122 & PM123 with the Questions

email : morgan.skinner_at_fisons-ls.com Received on Tue Jun 27 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message