Re: Powerbuilder Development User Set-Up for ORA7?

From: Larry Fishman <larryf_at_teleport.com>
Date: 1995/06/26

PowerBuilder 3 creates SYSTEM tables when it is first installed/accessed. Check out your installation and permissions on the SYSTEM.PB% tables.

Tom Remisoski (remisosk) wrote:
: Hi,

: We've just gotten Powerbuilder 4 for one of our application developers. I
: created a user in Oracle (7.0.16.4) which had what I thought were reasonable
: permissions (CREATE TABLE, etc.). When the developer tries to start PB as this
: user, he gets an "insufficient privileges" error. If he logs in as SYSTEM, he
: has no problems. _I_ have a problem with a developer needing DBA permissions
: to write a simple application.

: Does anyone know the minimal permissions need to set up a powerbuilder
: developer on an Oracle system? PB has put me on hold for the last 40 minutes
: and counting, so I thought I'd try here.

: Thanks In Advance,
: Tom
: --
: Tom Remisoski (remisosk_at_forklift.mi04.zds.com)
: Database Analyst (T.Remisoski_at_zds.com)
: Zenith Data Systems