[Q] How 2 automate stored procedure schema change?

From: TOM MIZE <MIZE.T.E_at_NORT.BWI.WEC.COM>
Date: 1995/06/26

Is there a way to automate the move of a stored procedure from one schema to another?

purpose: We have a controlled environment where stored procedures are developed by users and then moved to 'production' where they are owned by CDAS.

Currently, I have to use sql*studio to export the code and then import the code and compile it under the CDAS schema. I do not want to give the developers the compile-any privilege.

I would love to be able to have an automated way (stored proc for example) that would read the code out of the catalog and then recompile it under the CDAS schema.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Received on Mon Jun 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message