SQL*Net V2, Oracle Names Install/Configuration Problems

From: Glenn Goldstein <goldy_at_tsc.com>
Date: 1995/06/26

I just installed Oracle v7.1.4 under HP/UX 9.05 on an HP 9000/725-75. The database is now running, but I can't seem to get SQL*NET going.

Frankly, I'm confused about the order of configuration for Names and SQL*NET. The SQL*NET Administrator's guide mentions a configuration tool (p 5-2). However, the SQL file required to configure the configuration tool is nowhere to be found (ncschema.sql).

I reinstalled SQL*NET and Oracle Names just to verify the install was OK. Do I simply need to reread all of the manuals again, or am I missing something? Netmanager looked like it would simplify things, but it is no easier to configure than anything else.

Personally, I think the manuals (for installation and configuration) are not as good as they might be. It's amazing how often one manual will direct you to another. Currently, I have about 12 of them on my desk!

Thanks for any assistance.

Glenn Goldstein Received on Mon Jun 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message