Re: Trusted Oracle/Database security

From: David Sidwell <dasidwel_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/06/26

In article <3s280t$ri5_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, tamdy_at_aol.com (TAMDY) wrote:

> What is trusted Oracle? We are trying to figure out the best way to
> maintain
> database security. Locally we would like to be able to drop or add
> individual
> users. We would also like to control access to databases at remote sites.
> Any input would be appreciated.
> - Amy Leone
> ITS Consultant
> Mechanicsburg, PA

Trusted Oracle7 is a multilevel secure (MLS) version of Oracle7. MLS adds mandatory access control (MAC), a model that provides higher assurance that only those users with the proper access rights are permitted to access certain data. Trusted Oracle7 has received U.S. Government B1 evaluation and U.K. E3 and F-B1 certification when used with F-B1 platforms.

Oracle recently announced support for authentication services for client/server operations with Oracle's Secure Network Services release 2 product. SNS 2 permits use of external authentication services, such as Kerberos, Sesame, smartcards, and biometrics, to authenticate Oracle users and grant access rights to applications in distributed environments.

(Reprinted courtesy of Tim Ehrsam - Senior Product Manager, Oracle Corporation) Received on Mon Jun 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message