Re: Advice : Security on Oracle - set role at application

From: John Higley <johnhi_at_biker.pen.tek.com>
Date: 1995/06/26

Hello,
  I have been following the discussions on set role here in this newsgroup.   I built a form that uses column security to allow updates to certain (but   not all) columns of a table. (The form is built using forms 4.0.12.) I   granted update to those columns to a role. I placed a call to   dbms_session.set_role in the "when-new-form-instance" (I also tried the   "pre-form") trigger.

  The problem is that forms checks the column security before it executes the   trigger (ie. the set role) and does not allow any updates because the role   is not set.

  Has anyone been successful in a venture such as this. Is it fixed in a   later version of forms. (The database version is 7.0.16)

					John Higley
					Tektronix, Inc.
					johnhi_at_biker.CCI.TEK.COM