Re: Creating new database on NT server

From: Helge Petersen <petersen_at_com1.dwhl.de>
Date: 1995/06/26

jimm_at_cbnews.cb.att.com (james.mumper) writes:

>Why won't the TCP protocol work? Or will it? I've seen two references to using
>the Named Pipes listener in order to get the Windows apps running on the
>NT server. Is this definite or has anyone been able to get it running with
>TCP/IP? Our LAN is running TCP/IP on WFWG clients to NT servers so I didn't
>bother loading the Named Pipes listener. I will if I have to.

>TIA,

>Jim Mumper

The TCP protocol (2.x) can do the job, but it's not the default. You have to change oracle.ini and tnsnames.ora.

A problem I found is that the time to connect to the local database via TCP (2.x) is much longer than with Named Pipes (1.x). Did anyone else had this problem (and solved it) ?

Bye,
Helge Petersen Received on Mon Jun 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message