Re: Need help installing Oracle on Solaris 2.4!!

From: Jean Hugues <jeanh_at_ERE.UMontreal.CA>
Date: 1995/06/26

Hi!

I wish to create an X-Windows interface between GRASS (a GIS system devloped by the military) an ORACLE v.7. It would be running under LINUX. It should be able to resolve SQL statements at run-time and also to insure communications between different ORACLE and GRASS tables in both directions. We've planned on using ORACLE Call Interfaces librairies via GNU C++ in order to achieve this. The application will be made avaible for the public domain once completed.

My question:

		Does anyone sees a reason why it would not be possible to
		achieve this in a reasonable amount of time? (500 hours..)

I have to submit a proposition before buying ORACLE v.7 so I though I'd ask!

P.S.	I hope it is the right place to submit that kind of question!
	Please respond via E-Mail to jeanh_at_ERE.UMontreal.CA
	Thanks in advance!

Hugues Jean
Montreal, Quebec Received on Mon Jun 26 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message