Re: zombies

From: John Fruetel <jfruetel_at_ainet.com>
Date: 1995/06/25

tbellavia_at_riatax.com wrote:

>*** Tom Bellavia *** Research Instatute Of America Valhalla NY.
>I have oracle 7.1.4 both versions of sqlnet 1 & 2 running. I am a sun1000E
>Solaris 2.4 Platform. I have all the problems that everone else have (space
>leaks ect). What I have is a different problem.

>We are a big client / server shop. 300 - 400 PC's over a sizable Wan
>connection. I have alot of people doing ctrl + alt + del when the net is slow.
>Oracle (v1 of sqlnet) leaves these guys out there. Dropping the orasrv
>connection at night not any help. I need a script that run under unix that
>looks for zombies or dupl unix signon and blow them away. Anybody got any of
>these or posible suggestions for resolution. Thanx ......

You might want to see if you can fiddle with the TCP/IP KEEPALIVE option on your host. I don't know about Solaris, but this can be changed on SCO Unix from the default of two hours to something else (5 minutes in our case) and any "zombies" get nuked after 5 minutes. John Fruetel
jfruetel_at_ainet.com Received on Sun Jun 25 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message