Re: unreferenced symbol __cg92_used when compiling Pro*C programs

From: Michael J. Marolda <mmarolda_at_bristol.onramp.net>
Date: 1995/06/23

In article <parkerr.9.00104ECD_at_logica.com>, Robin Parker <parkerr_at_logica.com> wrote:
>In article <ABpckwlqT3_at_geol.spb.su> Anton V. Gruza <ant_at_geol.spb.su> writes:
>
>>Hi, world !

>>Could anyone please help me with ORACLE 7.1.3 and Pro*C 1.6 ( and 2.0 ) ?
>>ld could not find referenced symbol "__cg92_used". What does it mean ?
>

>-xcg92 is a compiler option on the Sun Sparc C compiler. It tells the
>compiler to make some optimizations for the Sun Sparc 10 series hardware (ie
>Sparc 10, 20, 1000). I guess that if you are not using Sun C compiler on these
>hardware platforms you do not need this option??
>
>Robin.

I think that a problem that you're going to run into is that the oracle libraries were compiled with the cg92 option and any other applications you build will need the link libraries that contains this external reference.

As far as I know, the only way to resolve this problem is to find those libraries (which come with the SUNWspro compiler). I don't know if there is any other getaround.

Mike Marolda
mmarolda_at_onramp.net Received on Fri Jun 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message