Stored Procedures/Temp Tables

From: Kevin Choksi <no email>
Date: 1995/06/23

We just started using Oracle from a Sybase background. We have some questions on some limitations that we have found on Oracle:

  1. Sybase supports Stored Procedures that return a result set. Oracle does not, at least as far as we can tell. Is this correct? Is there a way to return multiple rows to an application from a Stored procedure?
  2. Sybase supports temporary tables (which are created by the stored procedure and are usually implemented in memory instead of disk). This is very nice since I can create a temp table quickly (without the hassle of creating a real table), use it, return it row (as in the question above), and throw it away all very quickly. We have not found out how to do the equivalent in Oracle. Are we missing something?

TIA. Kevin Choksi. Received on Fri Jun 23 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message