Re: Exporting data from Oracle to other DBMSs

From: Haakon T. Soenderland <hts_at_sasdata.no>
Date: 1995/06/23

In article <DAGxCD.G2E_at_freenet.carleton.ca>, aa937_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA says...

[snip]

>The DBMS I use lets me write ASCII comma delimited files but then
>dBase4.0 still can't import the data. So if anyone has actually
>prepared the files in Oracle, with an SQL procedure or otherwise,
>and been able to manipulate the files satisfactorily in another
>RDBMS I would appreciate knowing how it worked out.

I've done this from Oracle to Sybase. Simply create a CSV-file from SQL*Plus (this is described in the manual) and then import it into Sybase. You have to make sure the date format and such are correct for the database you are importing to, other than that it should be no problem.

Some desktop tools let you create CSV-files from a RDBMS. One such tool is QBE-Vision.

Best of luck,
Haakon

--
hts_at_sasdata.no | haakon.soenderland_at_thcave.bbs.no | Haakon T. Soenderland
Scandinavian Airlines Data Norway A/S