Colored fields in a form

From: Eric Dolce <eric_at_zaffiro.sasib.it>
Date: 1995/06/22

Hi all,

I would like to create a form based on a view on two SELECT commands in UNION between them.

e.g.:

I have 2 tables A and B with the same format; on table A I have Insert, Delete and Update grants, on table B I have the Select grant only.

I created a view named V in this way:

CREATE VIEW V AS(
SELECT * FROM A
UNION
SELECT * FROM B); When the form runs, I would obtain that on the rows of the table A I can update the records, while on the rows of the table B I can select only.

I also hoped that the Record Groups of Forms 4 would resolve the problem, but it isn't possible to create a form on a Record Group.

Thanx in advance

Giacomo Diterlizzi
DB Designer
SASIB Railway spa
Via Corticella 87
40128 Bologna - Italy Received on Thu Jun 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message