Re: Dropping constraints ??

From: 170 Systems <170sys_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/06/22

Aniruddha Ghosh (andyg_at_pluto.njcc.com) wrote:
: huckleberry (jalford_at_immcms1.redstone.army.mil) wrote:
: : hello all,
: :
: : In my haste to create some tables, I put a REFERENCES constraint on a field
: : and did not give the constraint a name, now I need to change the data.
: : I have tried unsuccessly to disable this nameless constraint. Is there no way
: : to disable this constraint ??

: How about getting the name of the constraint from user_constraints(SYS_...)
: and then disabling it?

: andyg_at_pluto.njcc.com

You can also get the name from user_constraints and then drop it completely with:

    ALTER TABLE xxx DROP CONSTRAINT yyy;

  • Dan