Re: Oracle Reports 2.5 Out of Memory

From: huckleberry <jalford_at_immcms1.redstone.army.mil>
Date: 1995/06/22

In article <ccourty.36.0020D04E_at_interaccess.com> ccourty_at_interaccess.com (Christine Courty) writes:
>From: ccourty_at_interaccess.com (Christine Courty)
>Subject: Oracle Reports 2.5 Out of Memory
>Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 23:02:08

>I am having a problem with trying to run a report that is more than 20 pages
>long. I am getting the errors

> REP-1800: Formatter Error
> VGS-1701: Not enough memory

>which implies that I am exceeding the memory available. It seems to me that a
>20-page master/detail report is not that memory intensive. Does anyone out
>there have any ideas?

>Thanks in advance,
>Christine

If you have a total page count on the report (i.e. page# of total pages), this forces the report writer to format each and every page even if you aren't viewing it. This does take up alot of memory - but I'd hope to think it wouldn't crap with just 20 pages ! If you're not doing something like this I don't know what's wrong !

  • huckleberry