Re: Anyone using ORACLE on an ALPHA/NT Server..?

From: Bruce MacDonald <Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca>
Date: 1995/06/22

In article <3sa3e2$1ju_at_jac.zko.dec.com>, roderick_at_eps.enet.dec.com says...

>In article <3s8oju$kln_at_oslo-nntp.eunet.no>, olavt_at_microsoft.com says...
>>
>>In article <3s7ufl$1b8_at_pipe2.nyc.pipeline.com>
>>qmick_at_nyc.pipeline.com (Michael Joseph) wrote:
>>
>>> Is anyone out there using Oracle on the Alpha/NT platform...?
>>
>>I don't think Oracle is finished with the port to Windows NT/Alpha yet.
>>MS SQL Server 6.0 runs extremely good on the Alpha platform and is
>>available now.
>
>Correct. The port to Alpha NT is on-going and is due for production shipment
 later
>this calendar year.
>--
>Lisa Roderick
>Applications Systems Engineering Performance Group
>Digital Equipment Corporation
>Nashua, NH
>lisa.roderick_at_zko.mts.dec.com

My understanding was that the Alpha/NT port would only go BETA by the END of this year, with production in 1996.

Bruce MacDonald                                Bruce_MacDonald_at_mindlink.bc.ca
Database Consultant
Cornerstone Computer Associates Inc.
Chairperson, Vancouver Oracle Users Group Received on Thu Jun 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message