Re: Creating new database on NT server

From: james.mumper <jimm_at_cbnews.cb.att.com>
Date: 1995/06/22

In article <3s8ekk$t0l_at_news.tuwien.ac.at>, Michael Karg <karg_at_uranus.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:
>In article <hM5euo5.ydave1_at_delphi.com>, ydave1_at_delphi.com says...
>>
>>BUT i now have another problem...
>>i have loaded dba tools that run on wondows on windows
>>i have loaded obdc driver.. what else do i need to do so
>>that i can run ie sqlplus in windows nt
>
>You need to install SQL*Net Named Pipe listener for Windows NT, and
>SQL*Net Named Pipes for Windows. The listener is started as a Service
>under Windows NT (it could be also started with the oradim71.exe in
>\ORANT\BIN).
>All Oracle Tools under Windows works on Windows NT (local Data Base)
>Like this:
>
>SQL*Plus <-> SQL*Net For Windows <---Network Connection to local listener--->
> <SQL*Net for Windows NT listener> <-> <Oracle RDBMS for Windows NT>
>
>I've found a verry nice Picture of this in one of the online books (don't
>know which), but try to search on SQL*Net or something like this...

Why won't the TCP protocol work? Or will it? I've seen two references to using the Named Pipes listener in order to get the Windows apps running on the NT server. Is this definite or has anyone been able to get it running with TCP/IP? Our LAN is running TCP/IP on WFWG clients to NT servers so I didn't bother loading the Named Pipes listener. I will if I have to.

TIA, Jim Mumper Received on Thu Jun 22 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message