PLSQL cursor limitations

From: miff <miff_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1995/06/21

has anyone else had trouble declaring any but the most primitive cursors in plsql? Either I am doing something wrong, or one cannot use parentheses or subselects in a cursor...

DECLARE
    CURSOR C1 IS

        SELECT DISTINCT A.data1, A.data2, A.data3
        FROM table1 A
        WHERE NOT EXISTS (SELECT * from table2 B
                          WHERE (A.data1 = B.data1
                            AND  A.data2 = B.data2
                            AND  A.data3 = B.data3) );

the error I got on this baby was --> " Found '(' when looking for [a bunch of other stuff].

should I even bother using cursors?

-miff Received on Wed Jun 21 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message