Re: Stack Overflows using PO7 for Windows

From: Raghu Valluri <rnv_at_synon.com>
Date: 1995/06/21

jo_at_shop.wind.edu (Fred Smith) wrote:

>Fellow Oracle Users,

>I just installed PO7 for Windows on my PC using the 90 day trial CD.
>Everything loaded fine (Complete installation) but I keep getting the
>following error messages periodically: Stack Overflow, ORACLE not
>available, error attaching to SGA, Windows 3.1 two-task driver ORACLE
>timed out. These sound like RAM or Hard Drive access errors to me, but
>I've been unable to reconfigure my system to eliminate them. I've got a
>P5/60MHz, 16MB, and 750MB HD with WFW 3.11 installed. I tried increasing
>stacks in the CONFIG.SYS to the max stacks=64,512 with no luck. I also
>ran SMARTDRV C:, and MS Sound System 2.0 isn't installed, as mentioned
>in the installation booklet.

>Anyone run across similar problems?

>Ed Corlett ecorlett.wash_at_veda.com

Are you trying to interface to PO7 via an application e.g thro ODBC when you get these errors or does the stack overflow problem occur just using the tools that come with PO7 ?

I did have stack overflow errors when I tried getting at data thro' an application via ODBC. I got past it by increasing the stack size for the application for the link step.

Raghu

// Raghu Valluri                                                          //
// Synon Inc.,                                                            //
// 1100, Larkspur Landing Circle                                          //
// Larkspur, CA 94939                                                     //
// (415) 461-5000                                                         //
// email: rnv_at_synon.com                                                   //