Re: TRUNCATE Table Command

From: Lassi.Salo <Lassi.Salo_at_ivo.fi>
Date: 1995/06/21

"Lassi.Salo" <Lassi.Salo_at_ivo.fi> wrote:
> I just read the O7 Server SQL Reference,

And of course I should have tested before posting...

I did, and I don't particularly like what happened:

  1. create a test table with (NEXT 4K PCTINCREASE 0)
  2. insert enough data to see growth in extents
  3. alter table (NEXT 10K)
  4. export table (compress=n)
  5. truncate table DROP STORAGE

And yes, table has returned to original storage parameters. Those parameters are also in export file, if you do a import with indexfile=tst.lis, and check.

Well, that's the common thing with Oracle DBA and owner of the Harley Davidson: they like riding the Hog.

Lassi Salo, Dativo Oy, FIN-01019 IVO, FINLAND Tel: +358-0-8561 5421
Fax: +358-0-8561 5328
Mail: Lassi.Salo_at_ivo.fi