Re: Splitting comp.databases.oracle ?

From: Dave Erickson <erickson>
Date: 1995/06/21

"Hirisave L. Pratap" <hirisave.pratap_at_intelsat.int> wrote:
>nolan_at_helios.unl.edu (Michael Nolan) wrote:
>
>> Dave Erickson <erickson_at_mfa.com> writes:
>>
>> >If people are concerned about volume in this group, maybe more advice seekers
>> >could offer to receive all answers through e-mail only, and post the answers

                                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>> >if they are requested to. (A lot of questions result in the same answer
>> >being posted by many well-meaning people.)
>>
>> An excellent suggestion, I'm willing to accept comments (again),...
>
>I beg to differ! If the inquirers get their clarifications by e-mail, what
>other good purpose does this group serves? Sometimes, some of my doubts and
>questions are answered with out ever posting a question on the net! At other
>times an excellent point made by more experienced friends on the net is worthy
>of 'CUT AND PASTE' to my collection!
>
>cheers,
>
>Hirisave

As you can see, my original posting called for people to get their responses by e-mail and then, if requested, POST THE RESULTS (but not the entire thread).

I agree that the answers need to be posted here, but just once, or, as a collection of the two or three best answers, collected in one post. I think that asking question posters to take a few minutes to do this is reasonable.

Dave

--
David B Erickson, Project Leader     *
McHugh Freeman                       * "YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP"