Re: Upgraded to v7.1, dblink from v6 not supported?

From: pgh <pgh_at_nwisis.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/06/19

In article: <3rrhll$206_at_news.dax.net> hts_at_sasdata.no (Haakon T. Soenderland) writes:

> Hi all,
>
> We just upgraded one of our servers from 7.0 to 7.1.
>
> We have one server that is still on v6 that has some database links to
> the v7 server.
>
> On v7.0 this still worked fine, now that we upgraded to 7.1, it won't
> work anymore.
>
> Oracle support in Norway suggest that this is the way it's supposed to
> work, and that we have to upgrade our v6 to v7.X.
>
> Needless to say, that isn't done in a hurry.
>
> Is there a workaround? Or a patch or _something_?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Haakon
> --
> hts_at_sasdata.no | haakon.soenderland_at_thcave.bbs.no | Haakon T.
 Soenderland
> Scandinavian Airlines Data Norway A/S
> ---
> "40 skiver og et herpa anlegg, en leilighet som trenger aa spyles.
 Ingen
> venner og ingen penger, alt jeg har er mine klamme hender.." Jokke
 '94

Dear all

We've just implemented an Oracle patch for 6.0.37 that allows it to talk to 7.1.3. Just mention bug number 236812 (assuming you are on HP UX 9.0 9000/700-800 boxes like us) and demand a tape from Oracle. Ask them to speak with Oracle UK at Bracknell if your local office is short on information!

One word of warning: once you apply the patch to 6.0.37, you may well find that you cannot use db links to other 7.0.16 or 6.0.37 unpatched databases. Solution: Ask Oracle for tapes for these too! Not very elegant, but still quicker than upgrading from 6 to 7.

I couldn't reply if you hadn't posted in English, but how about translating your trailer joke ?? ;-)

Ian Puxley

---
| dba_at_nwisis.demon.co.uk   (NatWest Markets)

|   |
---