Re: aah! NT3.5workstation install problem help

From: Wade Auchterlonie <wade_at_iconz.co.nz>
Date: 1995/06/19

>i have installed oracle 7 server on 486/66 24mb ram, no interface card.
>i am albe to start to servie orclservice orcl but have had no luck
>starting the sample database provided with the installation. Can someone
>tell me what else i need to do to start this instance. i am using instance
>manager . i am not doing any networking, just would like to run local.
>thank you for the help

hmmm. Don't know the answer to your Q, but a couple of things that you should be aware of.

Can you start the database from SQLDBA71 ?

You will need SQL*Net for Named pipes loaded. There is also a problem in NT where services are started in alphabetical order, hence starting the NMPListener before OracleService (and failing). You can manually start the services, but for a solution look on the Oracle WWW for an article titled "Automatically Starting the SQL*Net Named Pipes Listener"

Also, 24mb RAM on NT will be slow, slow, slow.

Wade Auchterlonie
Auckland, New Zealand Received on Mon Jun 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message