Re: Error ORA-04031 "Bamima: Grow Bam Buffer" At Run Time

From: walter marek <wmarek_at_grci.com>
Date: 1995/06/19

pkumar_at_gftpd-mail.citicorp.com (Padmanabhan Kumar) wrote:
>This error was encountered at run time, where seemingly a package could
>not be loaded from the database into the shared memory pool.
>The package and its body are of the total size of abount 110K. The
>shared pool size is 9MB.
>
>Any answer to this problem?

We received the same error while loading PL/SQL packages for Designer/2000. Our UNIX sysadmin had to rebuild the kernel to allow for larger blocks to be created. I think there was a limit of 32k per block and he changed it to a max of 64k per block.

Since you don't say what exactly you were doing or on what type of system, this may not be an answer to your problem.

Walt   Received on Mon Jun 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message