Re: Error ORA-04031 "Bamima: Grow Bam Buffer" At Run Time

From: Robin Parker <parkerr_at_logica.com>
Date: 1995/06/19

>More likely (we have the same situation) your package is used 2 or 3 times a day
>and is getting
>aged out 'coorectly'. Your best bet is to 'pin' the package in the Shared pool.

>You need to run SYS.DBMS_UTILITIES.KEEP_PACKAGE('package_name');
>and then compile the package.

>PS - you may need to check the syntax of that statement - I'm doing it from
>memory and couldn't
>find the procedure in the DBA Guide! Perhaps someone could jump in and help
>out?

The syntax is :
execute sys.dbms_shared_pool.keep('user.package_name');

You then need to execute something from the package to load it into memory.

If you declare a global variable in the package you can just assign that varaible a value to load the whole package into memory.

i.e.

execute package_name.dummy_variable := 1;

Hope this helps

Robin. Received on Mon Jun 19 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message