Re: Upgraded to v7.1, dblink from v6 not supported?

From: Sandra Fergusson <rod.fergusson_at_canada.attgis.com>
Date: 1995/06/18

In article <3rrhll$206_at_news.dax.net>, hts_at_sasdata.no says...

>Hi all,
>
>We just upgraded one of our servers from 7.0 to 7.1.
>
>We have one server that is still on v6 that has some database links to
>the v7 server.
>
>On v7.0 this still worked fine, now that we upgraded to 7.1, it won't
>work anymore.
>
>Oracle support in Norway suggest that this is the way it's supposed to
>work, and that we have to upgrade our v6 to v7.X.
>
>Needless to say, that isn't done in a hurry.
>
>Is there a workaround? Or a patch or _something_?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Haakon
>--
>hts_at_sasdata.no | haakon.soenderland_at_thcave.bbs.no | Haakon T.
 Soenderland
>Scandinavian Airlines Data Norway A/S
>---
>"40 skiver og et herpa anlegg, en leilighet som trenger aa spyles.
 Ingen
> venner og ingen penger, alt jeg har er mine klamme hender.." Jokke '94

Hi!

I sympathize with your predicament...I would suggest upgrading the V6 database...there were significant data dictionary table and functionality changes to both V7 and V7.1 upgrade which could be contributing to your problem...I was in the same boat. Are you getting any specific error messages that would give us a clue as to exactly what problem the database is having with your current DBLINKs?

Sandra Fergusson Received on Sun Jun 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message