Stack Overflows using PO7 for Windows

From: Fred Smith <jo_at_shop.wind.edu>
Date: 1995/06/18

Fellow Oracle Users,

I just installed PO7 for Windows on my PC using the 90 day trial CD. Everything loaded fine (Complete installation) but I keep getting the following error messages periodically: Stack Overflow, ORACLE not available, error attaching to SGA, Windows 3.1 two-task driver ORACLE timed out. These sound like RAM or Hard Drive access errors to me, but I've been unable to reconfigure my system to eliminate them. I've got a P5/60MHz, 16MB, and 750MB HD with WFW 3.11 installed. I tried increasing stacks in the CONFIG.SYS to the max stacks=64,512 with no luck. I also ran SMARTDRV C:, and MS Sound System 2.0 isn't installed, as mentioned in the installation booklet.

Anyone run across similar problems?

Ed Corlett ecorlett.wash_at_veda.com Received on Sun Jun 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message