Re: Anyone know about 'Obackup'?

From: C:DEMONSPOOLMAIL <tim_at_artemis.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1995/06/18

In article: <3rqkn3$5g7_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> rungonmt_at_aol.com (RungOnMt) writes:

> This is the backup utility that was released and then pulled back by
> oracle
> Supposedly it is supposed to give us all the wonderful things that backup
> utilities do.....
>
> My question is....I heard the rumour in a few places that it is the same
> 3rd party product that Informix based their ONarchive utility on. If it
> is, OH MY GOD!!!! That utility is so bad that Informix is dumping it for
> an in-house written utility that they are now testing in BETA!
>
> Can anyone confirm/deny this rumour?

  It was not released and then pulled back. The product underwent beta testing, and feedback from the beta sites highlighted additional features for the product. These are currently being incorporated.

	Come, let us retract the foreskin of ignorance, and apply the
	wirebrush of enlightenment

	Tim London			phone :	+44 1753 662393
	Oracle DBA,Trainer and		mobile:	+44 836 287064
	part time OU tutor		Email : tim_at_artemis.demon.co.uk