Re: Creating new database on NT server

From: Michael Karg <karg_at_uranus.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: 1995/06/18

In article <Zg1-OMb.ydave1_at_delphi.com>, ydave1_at_delphi.com says...

>well i would like to help but. i am installed oracle 7.1 for nt on a a nt
>workstation. my problem is that i cannot startup my instance orcl at all.
>i do not have a network card is that my problem?
>do i have to isntall nt server to run oracle 7 server?
>help

I have installed NT Oracle 7.1 on an NT workstation (3.5 and 3.51). NT Server is not required. I have no problems to start the instance orcl, but i have a network card... Maybe you should install the network software under NT (from Control Panel), because the SQL*Net Named Pipe Listener is needed to run local SQL*Plus or SQL*Forms on WOW (Windows on Windows NT). Maybe the SQL*Net Named Pipe Listener requires network software for NT?
I have a problem on starting the instance and the open the Database using the ORADIM71.EXE from a command line. Starting it without arguments invokes a graphical user interface which works correctly.

Hope this helps... Received on Sun Jun 18 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message