BLOBS (LONG RAW) data type for file storage.

From: Matthias Moran <mattm_at_well.com>
Date: 1995/06/16

Does anyone have any experience storing large numbers of large (possibly multi-megabyte size) binary files as blobs in Oracle. I'll be using either ProC or the OCI on a Windows 3.1 client. As I understand it, I would need to break up the files and add them to a LONG RAW column in sections because of the memory limitations of Windows 3.1.
Is there any sample code which shows how to do this ? Are there any other potential problems ?

Thanks. Received on Fri Jun 16 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message