Re: Oracle Free 90 days trial problem installation

From: Randy Bradley <bradley_at_marcvm.marc.usda.gov>
Date: 1995/06/15

Charles,

>But if you way to use User Manager, a dialog box appear and
>prompt you the username, and the user password (with default
>database oracle7)
>
>As this is the first time, no user is created yet
>(user name/user password). How can I create the users (I only have
>the database password: oracle).

There should be three users created automagically, "SYS","SYSTEM","SCOTT". If you launch the "User Manager" as user id "SYSTEM" and password "MANAGER", you should be able to add users. BTW, does it seem to you that PO7 is hitting the disk a lot? I have 486/66 with 8 Meg RAM and configured without PL/SQL, but performance is still far below what I think it should be. In contrast, Oracle 6 on a PowerMac, 8100/80 is far above what I expected, very close in fact to Oracle 7 on our Unix box. I am wondering if there is something in Windows that needs to be adjusted? Any ideas?

Randy Bradley | Systems Analyst | US Meat Animal Research Center | Clay Center Computer Spec.| 402-762-4156 | bradley_at_aux.marc.usda.gov | Nebraska

"Around it! Around it! Confoundit. Nobody gave me the specifications. I have to do everything myself around here." Gopher-The Great Honeypot Robbery