Re: Oracle Free 90 days trial problem installation

From: Christopher L. Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1995/06/15

cnguyen_at_news.cerics.fr (Charles Nguyen) wrote:

>Hello,

>As many of you know, Oracle put the personal Oracle V7
>for Windows for a free 90 days trial (by ftp or w3)

>I get a copy of it, and the installation is okay. At the end,
>a default password is given: "oracle" (no " in the password.)

Well then there is not a problem with the installation as stated in the subject line. It's just that you are unsure of the default accounts and the passwords.

>What is this password (database password, administrator password ?)

>By the way, if you use Database manager, or Session manager
>it is okay of the default password.

The password 'oracle' is the database password. Used to start and stop the database.

For the 'administrator' use:

   system/manager - this is the default Oracle dba account.

There is also a default user account

   scott/tiger
This account has some tables loaded with data.

>But if you way to use User Manager, a dialog box appear and
>prompt you the username, and the user password (with default
>database oracle7)
Yup, This is where you should use the dba account to create other dba accounts as well as user accounts.

>As this is the first time, no user is created yet
>(user name/user password). How can I create the users (I only have
>the database password: oracle).

>Please help ! Thanks you very much,
I hope this helps. Good luck.

>my email is: cnguyen_at_louvre.cerics.fr

>Charles.

chris.

--
clbeck_at_us.oracle.com