Ora-09301 error trying WFW 3.11 to HP connection

From: DHyman <dhyman_at_aol.com>
Date: 1995/06/15

We are running Oracle 7 clients on a trial basis, on Pentium boxes, and are linked via a Pathworks LAN to an HP/UX server. On trying to connect, (from nettest.exe, Sql*Plus 3.1, and JAM 6, we consistently get this error, with the message "osncon: local kernel only supported in standard mode".

Since Windows for Workgroups only runs in 386 mode, this isn't much help. Any words of wisdom as to what we can tweak? Dan Received on Thu Jun 15 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message