Re: Dynamic Default Roles ?

From: Joe Nardone <joe_at_access2.digex.net>
Date: 1995/06/15

Dennis Brewer (dbrewer_at_nosc.mil) wrote:
: joe_at_access4.digex.net (Joe Nardone) wrote:
: >Dennis Brewer (dbrewer_at_nosc.mil) wrote:
 [snip]
: >
: >[snip]
: >
: >Why couldn't the users be assigned all the roles they need as their
: >default role? I don't quite understand the dilemma here.
: >
: >Joe Nardone
: >

: Joe
: Look again at fact 2: In our organization I can log in using an application as the head
: of my division. Now as the head of my division I have access to many more attributes
: than say a lowly clerk. In this case I would have a default role that would reflect my
: grants and priviledges. One hour later I can again log on using a different application.
: This application is using data from another division, now I am a lowly clerk as far
: as this other division is concerned. My default role at this time should be highly
: restricted.
: This is a Military Base, and as such not all users are created equal. However a user
: could be granted many different roles based on the applications in use at the moment.
: Many key individuals have applications that cross over into other areas of data. This is
: the reason that the default role should be dynamic.

Well, do you have roles for each application? Then, the user could be given a default role for each application, and the roles could give different levels of access to data; i.e. for application A you could have three different roles (1,2,3), for app B the same thing(a,b,c). A user could have default roles of any permutation of the above, where 1,2,3/a,b,c would dictate the access level per app.

Joe

--

Joe Nardone               |