Re: Changing column width of full table?

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 1995/06/15

billyoc_at_iii.net (Billy O'Connor) writes:

>Can I change the width of a column in a table that's loaded with
>2 million records? Please?<g>

Change it in what way? You can make it larger, but you can't make it smaller. IE, you can change varchar2(10) to varchar2(20) but not the other way around, even if there are no values in that column that are longer than 10 characters.

I don't know if this is the answer you're after, though.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.com, nolan_at_inetnebr.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)