Re: Personal Oracle7 - connecting via Mac

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1995/06/14

In article <3rmj5f$227_at_otis.netspace.net.au>, Jonathan Rumbold <jonr._at_netspace.net.au> wrote:
>I'm not (yet) an Oracle user, but I am hoping to find some advice here.
>
>I have a Windows/Macintosh peer to peer network, if I run Personal
>Oracle7 on the PC can I use SQL*DBA or SQL*PLUS on the Mac to access
>the PC ?
If you are referring to PO7 on Windows 3.1, then the answer is no since that product is not a server and does not accept incoming connections. The idea of the "personal" line, I believe, is only for a single pc ,although you can create multiple Oracle users and run multiple apps at once against the database.