Re: imp: more problems/questions

From: <usd2973_at_interramp.com>
Date: 1995/06/14

In article <3r46ku$rfv_at_ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>, <chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com> writes:
interramp.com!psinntp!psinntp!psinntp!news.intercon.com!panix!news.mathworks.co m!news.ultranet.com!news.sprintlink.net!noc.netcom.net!ix.netcom.com!netnews
> From: chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com (Chuck Hamilton)
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: imp: more problems/questions
> Date: 7 Jun 1995 12:38:54 GMT
>
> Last night I used imp to import a table with the following parameter
> file...
>
> buffer=65536
> file=/hold/expdat.dmp
> tables=(claims_line_items)
> commit=y
> log=cha.log
> indexes=n
> # indexfile=cha.sql
>
> This table did not exist before the import (I know this because I
> dropped it before starting). Notice that there's a line that says
> "indexes = n". When I came in this morning to build the primary key
> index for that file, I discovered that the imp program had already
> built it. Why since I specified no indexes?
> --
> Chuck Hamilton
> chuckh_at_ix.netcom.com
>
> Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than yourself!

It is my understanding that Oracle7 automatically builds indices on primary keys. Received on Wed Jun 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message