SQL*Loader stops short

From: Dennis Buddenborg <thebuddman_at_delphi.com>
Date: 1995/06/14

Wondering if anyone has experienced what we did with SQL*Loader not loading all data available and not notifying in the log files that anything was amiss. The senario is as follows:

The load of this table was aborted when it exceeded its error=0 tolerance. We picked up the loaded one record from where it aborted using the SKIP= parameter in the load control script. It skipped the requested number of records, but then it skipped the file immediate following the input file involved in the skip. In every file thereafter, it skipped loading 1063 records. Then it skipped another entire file and every file thereafter it skipped 2319 records. No error messages. Nothing. We're runnning Oracle 7.1.4 on Solaris 2.3. The load command was: sqlload parfile=loadparmnd control=ai.ctl rows=100 skip=107308 log=$HOME/ctlfiles/prod/saturday/ai.log

I know of one other installation that has experienced something similar to this. Anyone else?

Dennis Buddenborg
Sr. DBA
Kelly Services, Inc. Received on Wed Jun 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message