Re: Where to find average salaries of Oracle programmers?

From: Dave Boswell <bd860_at_FreeNet.Carleton.CA>
Date: 1995/06/14

homan azmoodeh (azmoodeh_at_netcom.com) writes:
> Mahesh Vallampati (m0v5533_at_tam2000.tamu.edu) wrote:
> : In article <Pine.BSD.3.91.950611144834.15708B-100000-100000_at_haven.ios.com>,
> : Jim Starwood <jstarwoo_at_haven.ios.com> wrote:
> : <SNIP> < a whole bunch of useless irrelevant stuff for this newsgroup deleted>
> : First of all you should learn netiquette. You dont post personal e-mails
> : without asking the original authors permission. But then what else can you
> : expect from people like Jim?
> : Sorry folks, I apologize for the discussion getting out of hand.
> : Thanks
> : Mahesh Vallampati.
> : oracle7_at_tamu.edu .

> : PS: I have developed a procedure to find the taninverse of an value. The
> : procedure is working and I will post it in a couple of days of rigorous
> : testing.
>
> Amen Mahesh,
> The problem with the Net is that even pompous Morons like Jim can get on
> it too. * where is that kill file of mine? *
>
> Jim, get over it, noone cares for what you have to say, (actually, babble
> is a more appropriate word).

Just to keep the pot stirred ... YES some do care. If this profession had more people like Jim who are willing to state an opinion and then show they support it with the all mighty dollar, maybe we would have fewer people out there messing things up and giving the rest a bad name. As for arrogant, I wouldn't even pause to read things posted here if I didn't feel each and every poster felt some level of arrogance. There's not a developer I've meet, assuming they are any good, who isn't arrogant. Being arrogant is so easy, with such a vast majority of incompetents in this profession, it's not hard to see you ARE so much better then most of them.

Jim, keep the posts coming, even if everyone doesn't agree, it does cause some of us to stop and think about exactly where we stand.

Just one person's opinion, Dave Boswell. Received on Wed Jun 14 1995 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message